Every year, millions of listeners from around the world join Spotify. Vital to this growth is our ability to communicate with every one of them in a personal, clear, and authentic manner regardless of language or cultural background.
As Lead Localization Manager, you’ll be in charge of maintaining our tone of voice in every language while also ensuring we respect our customers’ cultural preferences and mores. With the 20+ languages we already support, you’ll be fundamental to Spotify’s success around the world.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the stakeholders in the business, product and marketing organizations to build a cost-efficient localization strategy that delivers timely and high-quality translations.
- Develop and maintain the requirements and processes for content translation.
- Provide the localization strategy for product and marketing initiatives.
- Source translations. Create forecasts on incoming work and build a pool of resources that match (both internal and vendors).
- Manage vendor and internal translation quality.
- Manage the vendor relationships.
- Give input to budget and follow up on costs related to translations.
- Coach and lead a high-performing team comprising 4 Localization Managers and 1 QA Lead.
- Report to the Product Design Director for Growth Opportunities.
- Work from Spotify’s office in New York
Who you are
- 5+ years experience in content and/or UX localization.
- 5+ years vendor management experience.
- Experience engaging with teams cross-functionally.
- Creative as well as strategic thinker who can demonstrate strong organization and management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Passion for building teams and developing talent.
What We Value
Our culture is core to Spotify’s success. It’s what ensures the innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion and playfulness needed to deliver the best experience to our listeners. We’re looking for someone who will not only thrive in this open-minded culture of diversity and innovation but who also contributes to it as it evolves. We encourage you to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.