As a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team, you will work with teams to build client features and scalable architecture for our clients and services, and be a technical leader within Spotify in general. You will be expected to support the teams, and lead the use of practical agile engineering methods, backed by deep understanding of software engineering principles.
As a lead developer, you will facilitate collaboration with engineers across teams, as well as product owners and designers, in order to solve interesting and challenging delivery problems.
Where appropriate, you may be required to take operational responsibility for the services owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation alongside the rest of your team.
We believe you:
- Have shown experience as a technical leader for a team/department with experience of working hands-on as a software engineer in an agile environment, and in multiple programming languages.
- Have been mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, particularly in reducing technical debt and complexity in applications.
- Have deep knowledge of how to write robust, maintainable applications, and a reasonable understanding of how to build and work with distributed, high-volume backend services.
- Have a great understanding of system design, data structures, object oriented programming and software engineering principles, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
- Care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
We are looking at hiring Lead Engineers in the following teams:
- Working on our subscription platform and tools surrounding our Premium business and grow our user base beyond our current ~50 million subscribers. Depending on your interests there are openings in teams working on partner integrations, tooling for our business partners, retention strategies and embeddable purchase experiences.
- Build the tools through which our music editorial team can create, curate and monitor content, i.e. playlists and podcasts, and control how it is distributed to users.
You will work from our awesome office in Stockholm – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden. For some of the teams occasional travel is required.We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.