Core Experience is the department (we call them tribes) within Spotify responsible for evolving the experience in Spotify’s mobile apps, serving more than 140 million music fans globally.
As a Lead Engineer in Core Experience you will architect, design, develop, deploy and operate apps that are used by millions of users. You‘ll be technical leader for a department, contributing hands on in a team, while leading technical projects spanning multiple teams. We are looking for someone who can drive development and delivery, build sound architecture and foster best practises in mobile, mentoring other engineers to grow.
What you’ll do:
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide mobile developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
- Drive good engineering practises within your team(s) and define and teach these.
- Work hands on in a team.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise.
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area or tribe-level go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Find ways to spread learning across the organization, levelling up our engineering practises.
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers.
We believe you:
- Have proven experience as a technical leader for a team/department.
- Have led technical projects spanning multiple teams.
- Have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- Posses a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech.
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering sound engineering practises.
- You actively invest in your technical skills and leadership abilities
- You have several years of working experience as a Software Engineer with either Objective-C/ C++ and/or Java/Android
- Hold a computer science background with deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
- Take initiative in building quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
Welcome with your application!