Responsibilities & expectations of a Lead (Step 3) Engineer
- Be a technical leader within a squad and tribe
- Support members of a squad in delivering backend services with high availability, low latency and scalability
- Coordinate technical projects spanning multiple squads.
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers.
- Posses a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate services that serve millions of users.
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Drive good engineering practises within your team(s) and define and teach these
practices within our developer community.
- Challenge yourself to keep growing as a senior developer
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise.
- Find ways to spread learning across the organization (gives internal talks, write on internal blogs, etc).
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area or tribe-level go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise.<span
What we are looking for:
- Have proven experience as a technical leader for a team/department.
- Have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams.
- Knowledge in how to write distributed, high-volume services.
- Experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux.
- Have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
- Care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues