Spotify’s Internal IT support team provides remote and on-site technical support to employees worldwide. The team is responsible for maintaining office IT infrastructure, developing and administering internal systems.
Spotify is currently searching for an IT Technician in Boston to give the Internal IT team the boost it needs to scale together with the growth of the company. This person will act as the main technician for IT Support related issues in the Boston office while assisting other offices remotely.
The Spotify desktop environment is primarily OS X based. We rely heavily on web-based services and our infrastructure is quite unique; you will have the opportunity to work with new and interesting technologies.
What you’ll do
- Act as the main IT Support representative, based in our Boston office.
- Work as part of a team, and keep daily contact to make sure strategy and alignment remain.
- Provide personal support on hardware and software problems to fellow Spotify employees.
- Administration of IT systems such as email and centralised user management.
- Ensure printers, video conferencing systems and other IT related equipment is functioning for all employees.
- Function as a remote hands for the networking and AV teams to help diagnose and solve ongoing issues, work with contractors for AV maintenance and repairs.
Who you are
- You have experience in supporting OS X and Windows based systems
- You have experience troubleshooting network switches and firewalls
- You have an understanding of Linux, exposure to scripting and terminal use
- You have utilized configuration management tools such as Jamf, Puppet, and Chef
- You are a superb communicator both written and verbal
- You are a curious person, go-getter and you love diving into new technologies and tools
- You are focused on customer management, understand how to prioritize requests and manage client expectations in a constructive and positive way
- You are proficient with building, testing, deploying and maintaining the full life cycle of computer images
- You have a positive attitude with good energy, integrity and accountability
- You have the ability to solve problems, test, report, document, install, and train on software
- You are proficient in supporting Google Suite environments
- You are able to use remote management tools to provide technical support over the phone or Web
- You have experience working with 3rd party vendors and system integrators
- You work well in a geographically dispersed team setting, are able to multi-task and possess the ability to work in an ad-hoc/dynamic, rapidly changing environment with time-sensitive deadlines
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.