We are looking for an IT Manager to join our growing Americas Workplace Services Team.
The Global Workplace Services (GWS) team focuses on the global expansion and support of our rapidly growing business. We create spaces and services that bring Spotify’s culture and values to life – from designing thoughtful workplaces for our employees to thrive, to delivering innovative services that make Spotify a phenomenal place to work.
What you’ll do
In this role you will manage a team of IT/AV/Network Support technicians, located in different offices across Americas.
Reporting to the Head of Workplace Services Americas, you will be responsible for ensuring the Americas IT Support team implements the Global IT Strategy for Americas locations and setting team priorities and efforts aligned with company objectives as well as regional priorities. You will also peer with the EMEA GWS IT Manager.
You will be working closely with the Productivity Engineering Managers to ensure priorities are aligned with the GWS IT Strategy. You will also work closely and build relationships with partners and business units to understand strategy and direction so that the team priorities and efforts align with company objectives.
You will define a long term vision for the Americas IT Support team – work to understand and communicate ‘why’ we should do things and then attain consensus within your team to drive the ‘how’. You will own backlog and priorities of efforts, being responsible for delivery and quality of your team day to day work. You will continuously work on the vision for your team(s), they ought to always know what they are working towards and see what they have achieved. You will develop your team’s ability to deliver, make a positive impact on the business and solve business problems.
You grow the group in their professional development through coaching, mentoring, and feedback. You will recruit and onboard diverse top talent to the group and work with retention. You will work from our office in NYC. You have the ability to travel when needed.
You will implement, maintain, refine, monitor, measure and evaluate success of key metrics and regularly report on metrics, SLAs, OKRs and roadblocks. You will create and manage roadmaps and budgets from a functional, architecture and technology perspective. You will also actively contribute with input for the Global IT Strategy.
You get excited with a diverse and dynamic growth company like Spotify.
Who you are
- You have formal experience of managing and leading a team of engineers or technicians
- You have experience with IT Support concierge and enjoy diving into new technologies and tools
- You are adaptable to change and you have a growth mindset
- You value co-leadership and collaboration
- You are experienced in leading, coaching, and mentoring individuals and teams. You know what people need to be successful at work e.g. direction, feedback, training, autonomy, new opportunities, etc.
- You have a track record for delivery and you have experience measuring team productivity and report metrics: execution, performance, benefits and value
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You are an analytical troubleshooter. You may not have the answer, but you want to and know how to find it
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.