Reports to: Global Head of Internal Communications
Spotify’s Internal Communications team works to cultivate a culture of transparency where Spotifiers globally feel inspired by the company’s mission, informed about what’s happening around the company, and empowered to engage each other with interest and respect.
Based in New York or Stockholm, this role will manage internal communications across a range of company-wide platforms.
As Internal Communications Manager, you are expected to have impeccable communication, project management and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work collaboratively across multiple organizations and geographies. As a member of a small team, you’ll be expected to work independently and to take on new responsibilities as the need arises.
What you’ll do
- Source, draft, edit and publish content for The Note (Spotify’s company-wide newsletter)
- Coordinate Unplugged (Spotify’s bi-monthly Q&A with CEO Daniel Ek), quarterly company-wide Town Halls and other internal communications initiatives.
- Build strong partnerships with internal stakeholders across our Business Units (Content, Markets, Consumer, Free, Premium) and Global Units (Human Resources, Global Workplace Services, Finance, Legal)
- Design presentation collateral for and support local, regional and global all-hands, town halls and other internal events.
- Advise teams on employee engagement strategy using Workplace, Slack and other internal channels.
- Be a role model by living our values and working alongside a collaborative team of smart and enthusiastic internal communicators.
Who you are
- 5-7 years of internal communications experience
- Excellent writing and communications skills – journalism or related background preferred.
- Comfortable providing guidance and feedback to senior executives.
- Experience designing presentations, videos and creative collateral.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, adapt quickly and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions to develop, manage and drive internal communications narratives.
- Ability to travel internationally.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.