We are looking for an experienced Insights leader with a background in user experience research, or data science, to join our Insights team focused on Growth, and help drive an insights led culture across Spotify. Our mission is to turn customer experiences and data into insights that impact the strategy and direction of Spotify products. Your team will study user behaviour, strategic initiatives, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make.
The Growth Opportunities Mission is responsible for identifying and executing against strategic growth initiatives, tailoring the product to the needs of our current and future user base – this includes developing valuable products and identifying new value propositions for new audiences and platforms, as well as launching into new markets or improving the product for existing ones.
As an Insights Lead, you’ll be a hands-on leader of a team of 4-8 professionals from both user research and data science backgrounds, focussed on generating the insights that will inform our growth strategies, in particular when it comes to our global audiences.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of user researchers and data scientists, setting focus, strategy and priorities for the teams work to maximize influence and impact in the organization
- Ensure data and insights are actionable to drive decisions across the business
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the broader product insights team
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders at the Director, VP and Executive levels
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, engineers, marketers, and others across the company passionate about Spotify’s success
- Work from our Stockholm offices, leading research across our global markets
Who you are:
- You are a leader with practical user research, data science or combined insights chops you don’t mind dusting off from time-to-time. You’ve worked on consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences
- You have a strong background in one of the following and good understanding or familiarity with the other
- Product analytics or data science and have worked with A/B tests and iterative data informed product design
- Evaluative and formative qualitative research methods and are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You have a high level of educational training and industry experience in your area of expertise, be it data science or user research
- You are skilled at making sense of user behaviour using any available methods
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense and ability to help inform strategic business decisions
- You have 4+ years of experience as a people-manager, with an established track record of hiring, growing, and mentoring teams working across multiple business areas, and at least 7 years of experience in a similar data science, user research or combined insights role
- You have experience managing remote teams in multiple time zones, working with international teams, and are open to regular travel
- You are experienced with cross-functional leadership to the degree you can plan and collaborate with members of a leadership team that includes a variety of disciplines and backgrounds
- You’re a fantastic communicator. You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with business stakeholders, you shine most at motivating others to carry forward and execute a strategy without needing to be in the room
- You are hungry to learn and evolve in all things. From leadership skills to research and analysis craft to process to industry and market trends — you never stop pushing on to the next big thing
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.