We are looking for an HR Specialist to join our US HR Specialist team! Based in Boston, you will be supporting our employees and managers in the US and Canada, however focusing on our Boston office.
This is a fundamental role in the HR team and will be central to ensuring HR operational effectiveness of the Boston office. This role will work closely with the HR Specialist team and the HR Business Partner team to ensure the effective support of the Boston population, the delivery of global project work and region specific process improvements.
The day-to-day work of this role will also support all stages of the employee lifecycle for employees in Boston particularly, including delivery of employee on-boarding, facilitating training, working to resolve employee queries and partnering with managers to understand team needs and to resolve labor law issues. The HR Specialist in Boston will be part of the global HR Specialist team and report to the HR Specialist Manager in Stockholm, Sweden.
What you’ll do
- HR-support for US and Canada, acting as the first point of contact for employees and managers
- Managing orientation and on-boarding for all new employees in the Boston office
- Be the local expert providing hands on labor law advice and support in region
- Partnering with managers to understand and resolve local issues
- Working with the business to develop proactive solutions to recurring team challenges
- Road managing global HR project work and roll-out of HR initiatives
- Supporting processes through the employee life cycle including performance development, organizational change and conduct issues
- Delivering training to support manager development
- Completing regular audits and any necessary admin
- Reviewing HR processes and suggesting changes to improve efficiency and scalability
Who you are
- You have at minimum 2-3 years of experience working in a generalist HR role, preferably at an international company
- You have a broad knowledge and understanding of US work legislation
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, being inclusive of all stakeholders
- You’re able to work independently, and are comfortable working with a remote team
- Able to productively challenge and influence other teams and managers
- Able to prioritize well and be flexible in a fast paced environment with changing demands
- Experience of road managing projects and managing resources to ensure successful completion of objectives
- Proven communication skills – both verbal and written
- Demonstrates a solution focused approach to problem solving, with the ability to find pragmatic outcomes
- Able to demonstrate a commercial approach to managing HR issues
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.