At Spotify, we’ve connected millions of people to their favourite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We are now expanding to broader audio and Podcast, in particular, aiming to offer the best personalised audio content to our users, on demand.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate executive to lead our Studios team in Paris.
As the Head of Studios, France and Benelux, you’ll ensure that we complete our mission of delivering the best audio experience to our users across the region, creating, acquiring and promoting distinctive audio content that celebrates the stories and lives of the people working in and around music and culture.
You will be responsible of defining our local content strategy, budget and planning, as well as execute against the Global content strategy and support key aspects of company-wide objectives.
This position is based in Paris reporting to the Managing Director, France and Benelux.
What You’ll Do
- You will lead and manage the Studios team in France and Benelux, responsible of managing relationships with third party content providers, producing original and exclusive Podcast content and programming our local editorial offer.
- You’ll define, own and execute Spotify’s audio platform strategy, budget and planning for the region
- You’ll oversee new Podcast content partner acquisitions and Originals and Exclusive series productions
- You’ll formulate the annual and quarterly plans, engage internal and external stakeholder inputs and execute locally
- You’ll collaborate with teams across Spotify including licensing, tech ops, programming, marketing, analytics and more to make our shows sing!
Who you are
- You have significant experience in a Leadership role across the Entertainment/Media industry in the digital landscape
- A passionate pundit of music, podcasts, radio, TV, film and pop culture
- You have strong strategic and operational skills, as well as relevant people Management capabilities and track record.
- You have the ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally as well as communicate and collaborate with all types of personalities.
- You have a strong understanding of how to develop and manage budgets
- You have knowledge and experience in negotiating content acquisition rights
- You have excellent presentation and people skills
- You are numerate and adept at analyzing and interpreting data and using it to set goals
- You are well organized, dedicated, with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines and pay exceptional attention to detail
- Finally, you’re a great teammate, adapt well to change, and always have a positive attitude
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.