We are seeking a Head of Studios Facilities to join Spotify Studios’ growing Production Operations team. Based out of our Los Angeles office, this position will work closely with cross-functional teams within Spotify to oversee the implementation of multiple Spotify-owned and/or leased production facilities worldwide. This position will also manage a team responsible for the day-to-day operation of those Studio spaces, once up and running.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee the buildout of production facilities worldwide, collaborating closely with the Global Workplace Services team.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Facilities, Real Estate, Design/Build, Marketing, Live, etc) in requirements scoping, space planning, contracting and construction of office and production spaces.
- Work closely with IT and post production teams in determining media management infrastructure requirements and network specifications.
- Represent production requirements on behalf of Studios team and ensure those needs are being met when sourcing and evaluating vendors, proposals and contracts.
- Maintain and report on buildout project schedules and associated financial elements, ensuring projects remain on track and on budget.
- Set and manage production facility move-in processes worldwide.
- Staff local teams responsible for the day-to-day operations of each Studio facility, ensuring consistent management and optimized cross-functional utilization of the spaces.
- Deliver quarterly reporting for senior management inclusive of budget and headcount forecasts, budget actuals and space utilization. Perform cost benefit analysis for potential new studios projects.
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure Studio facilities and staff are meeting requirements with regards to security, safety, inspections and emergency preparedness. Build protocols for stage management and OSHA compliance.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years experience in entertainment-specific campus or studios operational management; experience in construction management a plus
- Strong knowledge of audio and video production procedures (inclusive of pre-production and post-production)
- Must have a network of high quality production and post-production vendors
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and deliver creative solutions to dynamic production issues
- Ability to liaise professionally with high-priority partners, both external and internal
- Experience supervising teams based in multiple locations
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proven track record managing multiple projects in a large organization
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent manners
- Proficiency in G Suite plus willingness to learn additional Spotify-specific tools and software as needed
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Music lovers a plus!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.