We’re looking for someone with an established record of sales leadership and revenue generation with a deep interest and passion for online media, music and innovation. You will oversee advertising efforts and lead a team of talented and consultative sales leaders within a defined region. We want someone who has a passion for working with clients, developing relationships externally and internally, is well versed in public speaking and engaged within local regions this role leads.
What you’ll do:
- In collaboration with the Head of N.A. Ad Sales, define the regional sales growth strategy
- Manage sales forecasts accurately, set budgets and goals for the sales team
- Meet and exceed revenue and meeting targets
- Implement/lead/oversee client events, social engagements, and sponsorships based on local market dynamics and broad business knowledge
- Represent the Spotify Brand at client/agency summits through public speaking, panel moderation, and keynotes within the region
- Hire, manage & develop sales talent & managers within the region
- Engage with key clients on a senior level, and deliver world class consultative customer service
- Analyze, validate and update performance to maximize growth
- Develop best practices and demonstrate cost efficiencies that can scale from local to global
- Maintain high levels of communication and transparency with management, cross-functional teams, and business partners internally and externally.
- Work from our Toronto office.
Who you are:
- You have 15+ years of advertising / marketing sales experience including 10+ years in sales leadership which also includes 5+ years of larger staff management.
- You are highly motivated, organized and entrepreneurial
- You recognize the value in working as a team
- You are energetic and willing to thrive in a high growth organization
- You have strong region-based agency & brand relationships
- You have great communication, consultative selling, problem solving and negotiating skills
- You strategically use data and insights to inform client investment strategy
- You effectively position Spotify’s ad solutions through creative storytelling
- You have a deep understanding of the digital ecosystem and trends around digital, programmatic, video best practices, opportunities, and challenges.
- You have an understanding and expertise in account planning, strategic planning, and media buying within digital, video & audio environment
- You have an existing network of senior level contacts in media and marketing
- You have mastered the fundamentals of sales management and leadership including forecasting, client research, pitch and presentations skills, bottoms up planning, and meeting reports.
- You have leadership experience with successful management skills and lead by example.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.