At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favourite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. Today we are seeking an outstanding Head of Consumer Marketing in South East Asia.
As the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for communicating with and growing the South East Asia consumer base. People have an incredibly emotional connection to music and it is your mission to make sure people in South East Asia develop such a connection through Spotify.
This individual will work in our Singapore office in close collaboration with cross-functional teams such as Product, Business Development, PR, Artist & Label Relations, Editorial, Brand Partnerships and Market Operations to effectively acquire, activate and retain Spotify consumers in South East Asia. This region covers Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam as well as Hong Kong and Taiwan. This individual will work in a fast-growing, dynamic environment where charisma, creativity and strategic thinking are essential to this success. You will be part of the Spotify South East Asia lead team as well as part of the Global Consumer Marketing organisation.
What you’ll do
Drive the leadership, direction and development of Spotify’s consumer marketing strategy, plans and execution
- Identify primary target audiences and deliver best-in-class content and solutions through direct and partner channels
- Develop consumer marketing strategies to successfully establish the Spotify brand; driving awareness, growth and loyalty through traditional, digital and social channels
- Leverage existing relationships with partners to extend speed to market, reach and ongoing consumer engagement for Spotify
- Work closely with Spotify Artist & Label Relations teams to drive the music industry agenda within consumer marketing initiatives
- Work closely with B2B Marketing, Business Development and Brand Partnerships to drive the partner industry solutions agenda within trade marketing initiatives.
- Manage the marketing budget for to ensure marketing programs executed are ROI optimized
- Consistently champion the Spotify brand values, people values and Social Impact initiatives, acting as a role model both within the team and externally
Who you are
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years relevant experience in consumer, digital media, e-commerce or entertainment marketing, including with an international brand in South East Asia.
- Proven track record of converting high-level business and marketing strategy into tangible, effective local marketing execution across channels.
- End-to-end experience of the marketing process from initial briefing all the way to execution.
- Highly customer obsessed and data literate. Able to interrogate market, consumer and customer data and present recommendations on market and consumer
- Comfortable influencing up and down a large organization, including at senior levels.
- Portfolio of strong consumer marketing campaigns resulting in customer acquisition and business partnerships, including across traditional and digital/social platforms.
- Proficient in English. Bahasa, Tagalog, Thai or Vietnamese is a plus
- Track record of strong leadership and a collaborative mindset
- Experience with managing external agency relationships across South East Asia<span
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
Please submit resume in English only