Date of opening: 20.02.2018
Date of closing: 20.03.2018
At Spotify, we’re passionate about providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected over one hundred million users across 60 markets, allowing them to discover and share the music they love. We are looking for a passionate leader for our growing fraud prevention team, to join our wider international Payments team, focused on minimizing the losses to the business and our customers brought about by fraudulent activity.
Reporting to the Director of Payments, you will help build, challenge and deliver our global fraud strategy and build out a team of fraud professionals.
What you’ll do
You will see fraud prevention not just as a necessary ‘job to do’, but rather an opportunity to accelerate growth for Spotify subscription business by:
- Working closely with the global payments team, define and deliver on the global fraud prevention strategy and together with your team, be the subject matter expert within Spotify on all things related to payment fraud
- Hire and grow the fraud team with experts across disciplines (analytics, investigation etc) and transparently report on the impact of fraud on Spotify’s business and evangelize on the need to invest and focus on fraud prevention strategies
- Research, onboard and manage new and existing third-party partners as part of the overall fraud strategy, including best in class commercial terms.
- Manage the day to day operations and fraud prevention work, and build relationships internally with teams that contribute to delivering on the fraud prevention strategy
- You will integrate new ways to prevent fraud by using advanced data techniques together with third parties and look at ways to best optimize fraud operations and tooling to have a fully motivated and efficient team
- Build a relationship with and work closely with tech and product internally to inspire changes to systems and tooling that are necessary to deliver on the fraud prevention strategy
Who you are
- You’ve got 12+ years of senior experience in global online fraud & payments and know and are known by the industry and the key players
- You have a University degree in relevant subject
- You have passion for and a wealth of knowledge on all fraud mechanisms and current trends, and can also spot future trends before they come
- You have a deep knowledge of the card payments landscape, and also knowledge of other payment methods (carrier billing)
- You see pitfalls in the existing payments and fraud ecosystem and have the entrepreneurial spirit to drive real change
- You are comfortable and experienced in working in a highly dynamic and fast-moving global organization
- You’re passionate about subject matter expertise – proving your own knowledge, combining your knowledge with others’ to benefit the whole team
- You enjoy all facets of the fraud and payments world, from commercial negotiation down to detailed analysis for optimization efforts
- You are not just a single market expert, but rather have a good understanding of local needs for fraud prevention across the globe
The role is based in London and will report to Director for Payments and Conversion.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.