Spotify’s Mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity – by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it. Spotify’s Creator Marketplace team develops services and tools for creators and rights holders so that we can enable more people to build successful careers in music
We are looking for a passionate and seasoned operational leader to join the Creator Marketplace leadership team. You will help us build and run a world class organization, executing strategy across functions.
You’ll be at the center of the company mission, enabling our organization of technologists, analysts and marketers deliver valuable services to artists. The role is based in NYC, where the Creator Marketplace mission is primarily centered, though we have teams in Stockholm, London and Boston as well.
What you will do
- You’ll lead our Creator Marketplace Operations team and function – including how we set goals, track work, and collaborate within our group and with other teams.
- You’ll guide our internal communication and culture, leading our schedule of team rituals and events to stay in sync and engaged.
- You’ll build and lead the team that continually uplevels our product development engine. This includes program management, training, and agile skill development.
- You’ll operate the organization’s budget and the hiring plan
- You’ll work closely with leads in every functional area to champion continuous improvement and our learning culture
- You’ll assist teams in discovery, evangelism, and application of best practices in operational process
- You’ll work closely with other Operations leads across the company
Who you are
- You have proven track record running highly effective operations teams at a platform or marketplace company that deliver with speed and efficiency and have fun while doing it
- You understand platform and marketplace theory, strategy, and business models
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the creative industry
- You have a knack for coordinating multiple teams towards achieving a common goal
- You are customer-centric and work to build strong empathy into the teams you work with
- You understand what it takes to make agile product development successful
- You are extremely organized, even when you’re not in control
- You are anxious to learn and grow, and to help others do the same
- You make those around you successful
- You are an excellent communicator
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.