Spotify’s Mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity – by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it. Spotify’s Creator Marketplace team develops services and tools for creators and rights holders so that we can enable more people to build successful careers in music.
We are seeking an experienced leader to join the leadership team of Creator Marketplace as the Head Creator Marketplace Intelligence. CMI is an organization of data scientists, researchers, analysts, and economists who provide insights about creators and content. The team helps us model and strategize around new offerings for rights holders and creators.
What you will do
- Lead and scale the Creator Marketplace Intelligence organization
- Develop and coach team leaders. You will guide them in developing practices in data science, research, business analysis and economic modeling.
- Contribute to the Creator Marketplace leadership team alongside the heads of product, engineering, design, marketing, and operations. Provide a data driven voice to overall strategy.
- Lead our strategy for building and managing data sets to inform our strategic plans
- Ensure reliable access to high quality data through dashboards and reports
- Establish and track KPIs for the marketplace and create systems to ensure we track progress.
- Produce insights that inform business priorities for servicing creators.
- Build frameworks and tools to evaluate new potential services for creators and rights holders.
Who you are
- Experienced leader of analytics organizations. 3+ years managing people managers.
- Able to network and develop deep relationships across the organization, including with senior leadership.
- Proven track record of delivering business impact. You balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- Excellent educational background in statistics, applied math, economics, business or a related field. Masters or PhD degree preferred.
- Rigorous approach to research and strong econometric skills
- Innovative thinker with a natural curiosity for new ideas and trends. You are enthusiastic about learning new techniques and technologies.
- Creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex problems and devising new approaches to reach results.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.