At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. Today we are seeking an outstanding and experienced Head of Consumer Marketing Nordics.
As the Head of Consumer Marketing you will define and drive the local consumer marketing strategy and execute highly effective integrated local and global marketing campaigns, programs and partnerships that are inline with key brand and growth metrics.
You will be responsible for communicating with a large consumer base. People have an incredibly emotional connection to music, and it is your mission to make sure people in the market stay connected through Spotify.
You will be part of the Global Consumer Marketing organization based in our Stockholm office. You will work in collaboration with the Nordics leads team (Comms, Content, Strategic partnerships, Sales & Markets) identifying cross-functional needs and opportunities that will drive the local business forward.
You will be based in Stockholm and travel occasionally in Europe (Berlin, London, Paris) & US (NYC).
What you’ll do
- Drive the leadership, direction and development of Spotify’s consumer marketing strategy and plans in the market
- Work closely with the Nordics lead team together by setting and executing cross-functional strategies and initiatives that drive the business in the region forward
- Develop consumer marketing strategies to retain the leadership position and continue growing the Spotify business and brand in the Nordics through adapting and creating programs and campaigns for all channels
- Identify primary target audiences and deliver best-in-class consumer-facing campaigns and campaigns utilizing direct and or partner channels
- Leverage existing relationships and build new partnerships to stay relevant and to maintain ongoing consumer engagement for Spotify
- Manage the marketing budget for the Nordics to ensure marketing activities executed are ROI optimized
- Lead and manage the Nordics consumer marketing team
- Own the agency relationships and agreements in the region ensuring our agency partners are up to speed with the local strategy and direction along with negotiating contracts and fees
- Consistently champion the Spotify brand values, people values and Social Impact initiatives, acting as a role model both within the team and externally
Who you are
- University degree, combined with at least +10 years proven experience at media, marketing agencies or client side on high performing international teams
- Ability to establish a strategic vision and build local plans aligned to the brand and business objectives
- A strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and the capability to execute integrated marketing initiatives
- End-to-end experience of all steps of the marketing process from identifying business needs all the way to execution
- High levels of proficiency in media, social, experiential, advertising & content, measurement (analytics, insights and benchmarks), and audience/community marketing
- Competency with data and insights, both internal and external, but also in building business cases to guide and support decisions
- A collaborative mind-set combined with hands-on experience working in a matrix set up, the ability to build strong working relationships and proven track record of influencing skills
- Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations
- Demonstrated experience managing individuals and internal and external stakeholders when working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Must be an articulate professional with excellent oral and written communication skills in English in order to work effectively with people at all levels both internally and externally
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.