At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. Today we are seeking an outstanding Head of Consumer Marketing in Miami.
As the Head of Consumer Marketing, you will be responsible for communicating with and growing the LATAM consumer base. People have an incredibly emotional connection to music and it is your mission to make sure people in LATAM develop such a connection through Spotify.
The Head of Consumer Marketing will work in our Miami office in close collaboration with cross-functional leadership teams such as Product, Business Development, PR, Artist & Label Relations, Editorial, Brand Partnerships and Market Operations to effectively acquire, activate and retain Spotify consumers in LATAM. This region covers Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Chile and Argentina (among others.) This individual will work in a fast-growing, dynamic environment where charisma, creativity and strategic thinking are essential to this success. You will be part of the Spotify LATAM lead team based in Miami, as well as part of the Global Consumer Marketing organization hubbed in NY.
What you’ll do
- Provide strong leadership to the team, articulate a vision for the direction and development of Spotify’s consumer marketing strategy, plans and execution in collaboration with global and regional teams
- Develop consumer marketing strategies to successfully establish the Spotify brand; driving awareness, growth and loyalty through traditional, digital and social channels
- Identify primary target audiences, informed by first and third party data; deliver best-in-class content and marketing solutions through direct and partner channels
- Leverage existing relationships with global and local partners to extend speed to market, reach and ongoing consumer engagement for Spotify
- Work closely with Spotify Artist & Label Relations teams to drive the music industry agenda and ensure content priorities are messaged to our users
- Work closely with B2B Marketing, Business Development and Brand Partnerships to drive the partner industry solutions agenda within trade marketing initiatives.
- Manage the marketing budget for to ensure marketing programs executed are ROI optimized
- Consistently champion the Spotify brand values, people values and Social Impact initiatives, acting as a role model both within the team and externally
Who you are
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
- Spanish fluency and deep knowledge of Latin American market required
- Portuguese proficiency a plus
- Must be a proven leader, able to manage teams remotely
- 15+ years relevant experience in consumer, digital media, e-commerce or entertainment marketing, including with an international brand covering the LATAM region.
- Proven track record of converting high-level business and marketing strategy into tangible, effective local marketing execution across channels.
- Data and ROI driven
- End-to-end experience of the marketing process from initial briefing all the way to execution.
- Highly customer obsessed and data literate. Able to interrogate market, consumer and customer data and present recommendations on market and consumer
- Comfortable influencing up and down a large organization, including at senior levels.
- Portfolio of strong consumer marketing campaigns resulting in customer acquisition and business partnerships, including across traditional and digital/social platforms.
- Proficient in English and Spanish. Portuguese is a plus
- Track record of strong leadership and a collaborative mindset
- Experience with managing external agency relationships across LATAM
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.