At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 61 markets and growing fast!
As the Head of Artist & Label Marketing (ALM) team the UK you’ll ensure that every artist, manager and label within the genre sees Spotify as the #1 partner for artist development and monetization by building and deploying impactful strategies and by upholding best in class industry relationships. We are seeking an experienced artist marketing strategist with excellent people skills and strong label and artist management contacts who are used to working in a dynamic environment to lead our ALM efforts in the UK.
This position is based in London reporting to the Managing Director, UK. You will work with the ALM management team to develop the local content strategy as well as execute against the Global content strategy and support key aspects of company-wide objectives. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain relations with key partners at senior levels across the community across the country
- You will work on and develop new content strategies for the region
- Identify strategic artist projects to partner with
- Conceive and execute extraordinary artist marketing campaigns
- You will collaborate cross-functionally with other internal teams to fulfill company strategic goals and advocate for your market’s needs at senior level internally
- You will have a team to lead, develop and inspire
- Explain and champion the Spotify business model with partners across the artist and label community.
Who you are
- You have a consistent record in marketing, strategy and operations, and a strong music and technology background. You have significant experience of successfully developing a team
- You have an academic degree and significant management experience with an established digital music service, record label or artist management company
- You are a strong communicator with excellent negotiating and people skills
- You possess strong analytical skills and ability to analyze and interpret data, using it to set performance targets
- You are well organized, with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines and pay exceptional attention to detail
- You will bring an extensive network of music industry contacts—rights holders, managers, agents, promoters, and artists
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.