At Spotify, we are reinventing the music industry by changing how people consume and pay for music. The Commercial User Research team is responsible for developing new and transformative commercial offerings to the existing and future Spotify customer base.
We are now looking for a top-performer to join and help us invent the next level Spotify subscription business. You will join as a member of the Spotify Premium team, who is responsible for maintaining, developing, optimising and furthering Spotify’s paid-for services.
Join the world’s fastest growing online subscription business in a high-impact role where you will put a personal mark on the success of Spotify by delivering even faster subscriber growth.
What you’ll do
- You will be in the forefront of developing Spotify’s new research tools and experimental user insight methods by tapping into one of the worlds largest subscriptions user-bases. You will use your insights to influence the future strategy of Spotify’s commercial product offering
- You will be invented, researching and innovating new commercial offerings, develop research and test plans, and breaking new ground in monetization strategies
- You will plan and execute research projects that validate potential new revenue streams, including collection and analysis of user research, financial modeling and with the aid of our stellar design team explore visual user flows and product experiences
- You will work cross-functionally to build alignment across engineering, marketing, product development, analytics, finance and design teams, leaning on your excellent communication skills to bring exciting new opportunities to life for the Spotify customers.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years professional experience researching commercial offerings and products and bringing them to market
- You come with a large background in user testing and user research, you know how to probe for meaning via focus groups and interviews, but also through large-scale user research. You are familiar with conjoint studies and can translate data into relevant and actionable insights and strategies
- You are skilled at understanding and analyzing business models and cases, as well as understanding their product/market fit
- You have a strategic mind and can derive insights based on analytics, research, and financial data. You can visualize, pitch and ‘sell’ products both from the end user perspective as well as from a business strategy point of view
- You are an artist that thrives in figuring out exactly the right product for the right person, are familiar with user journeys and crafting personas, and you’re a pro at explaining exactly why a user will benefit from it
- You speak English fluently; more languages and international experience are a plus
The role is based in our headquarters in Stockholm with occasional travels to our offices around the globe.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.