We are looking for a passionate and experienced product leader to join Spotify’s Productivity Engineering Group. Our vision to give every Spotifier the best possible user experience from the moment they open their device. By doing so we seek to remove all barriers to collaboration, enabling every employee to work freely and securely—with an experience that makes Spotify one of the best places to work.
This is a leadership position at Spotify. Your work will touch every employee at Spotify, responsible for setting the direction for all productivity, collaboration and tooling technology, desktop and mobile. You will interact with people across our entire company: other engineering teams, as well as employees in Marketing, Finance, HR, Legal, Sales, Artist Relations and more. It is a unique opportunity to create the best employee technology experience in the industry.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for the portfolio of products for all of Productivity Engineering, from collaboration tools to device configuration to network initiatives such as Beyond Corp.
- Oversee a team of 2-4 Product Managers across multiple team domains
- Partner with Engineering Managers to foster a culture of impact and performance
- Define and drive overall product vision, strategy and metrics for Productivity Engineering, galvanizing the teams to follow you
- Work passionately to ensure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at Spotify
- Stay on top of Spotify’s strategic position, filtering this down to your direct reports and Productivity Engineering as a whole
- Define OKRs, track progress and measure impact across several teams
Who you are
- You have several years of experience implementing tools and technology that fosters creativity, collaboration, secure networking, or seamless identity management. (You were an early adopter of Slack and would love to implement Beyond Corp so employees can work in any of our 70+ markets with ease.)
- Experienced in defining and driving product strategy across more than one team
- You are experienced with data driven product development and have deep knowledge of alphas, betas, and canary deploys
- You have experience and interest in leading and growing direct reports
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, communicating concepts and ideas in different formats, depending on context
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity
- You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, using a variety of contexts
- You set high standards for yourself and others
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle things hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.