We are looking for a passionate and seasoned product leader to join Spotify’s User Engagement group. Our goal is to make every listening session more engaging through personalization and discovery; in this role, you’d help multiple product teams find better ways to combine our understanding of the world of music with our 100M+ users’ unique tastes and preferences, helping music fans listen for longer, find new artists they love, and come back to Spotify more often.
What you’ll do
- Define and drive the vision for the Spotify Home experience across mobile platforms, desktop and beyond. Currently reaching over 150M users per month, the product area relies on state of the art machine learning and human curation.
- Bring expertise with analyzing and understanding organic behavior and actions, to improve and optimize our models and approaches of understanding users.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to expand our sources of content and knowledge, and identify new innovative experiences.
- Advocate and promote the incorporation of machine learning techniques and technologies to expand and improve on our core datasets.
- Manage, inspire, and grow the existing product organization and squads.
- Work from our NYC office, with frequent collaboration and travel to our Boston and Stockholm offices.
Who you are
- You have 10+ years experience managing and developing well-loved software products as a PM. You’ve had many experiences defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
- You have 3+ years experience in managing Product Managers and a portfolio of multiple products and teams.
- You are a compelling storyteller with experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers and creatives alike.
- You have good instincts but match that with deep analytical thinking to focus on the things that matter most, especially with expertise in large amounts of data.
- You have an understanding of and strong interest in musical and media data, and the systems and capabilities to construct & extend such systems.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.