Group Product Manager – Personalization
Product Management / Product Ownership in Boston, USA
We are looking for a passionate and seasoned product leader to join Spotify’s Personalization group. Our goal is to create the best listening experiences that connect fans and creators in a personal and relevant way. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the systems and tools that help us connect fans to music they love while supporting a vibrant creator ecosystem.
What you’ll do
- Define and drive the vision and metrics for your product area. This includes the tools and systems that enable teams to build personalized listening experiences such as Discover Weekly, Radio and Daily Mix and understand their impact on user and creator metrics.
- Bring systems thinking to our approach for building and measuring the listening experiences that drive a significant percentage of listening on Spotify.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to ensure our two-sided marketplace delights users and supports a vibrant creator ecosystem.
- Advocate and promote the incorporation of machine learning techniques and technologies to expand and improve on our core datasets.
- Manage a team of 3 – 5 Product Managers within your Product Area.
- Manage, inspire, and grow the existing product organization and squads.
- Partner closely with your product area counterpart in engineering.
- Work from our Boston office, with frequent collaboration and travel to our NYC and Stockholm offices. Travel occasionally to offices in our global markets.
Who you are
- You have 10+ years experience managing and developing well-loved software products as a PM. You’ve had many experiences defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
- You have experience managing Product Managers and a portfolio of multiple products and teams.
- You are a compelling storyteller with experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers and creatives alike.
- You are comfortable sorting out ambiguity and can bring clarity of purpose. You know where to start and how to run the right tests to validate your hypotheses.
- You have good instincts but match that with deep analytical thinking to focus on the things that matter most, especially with expertise in large amounts of data.
- You have a strong interest in music, radio and/or podcasts and the systems and capabilities required to program them.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.