We are looking for a passionate and experienced product leader to join Spotify’s Insights Platform product area. The Insights Platform product area is a part of the Data Infrastructure tribe – Spotify’s division that is dedicated to building out a world-class data and insights platform. Our vision to enable Spotify to become the best company in the world leveraging data and insights to drive the business forward. Our Insights platform is used by thousands of people across Spotify every day to make data-informed decisions.
Insights Platform sits within the Platform department. The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
As the Group Product Manager, you will set the long-term vision for our Insights Platform and manage a team of Product Owners responsible for executing on that vision. From ideation to development to adoption, you’ll lead an organization focused on growing Spotify’s ability to extract insights from Data.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for the product portfolio of our Insights Platform. The portfolio contains a wide range of products including dashboard products and data science notebook products
- Oversee a team of 3-5 Product Managers across multiple team domains.
- Partner with Engineering Managers to foster a culture of impact and performance.
- Define and drive overall product vision, strategy and metrics for our Insights Platform, inspiring our teams to build great products.
- Work passionately to ensure your team is focusing on the right things, balancing short versus long term needs. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance are key for all successful teams at Spotify.
- Making sure our product strategies are aligned with Spotify’s overall vision and strategy.
- Define OKRs, track progress and measure impact across several teams
Who you are
- You have several years of experience building impactful tools and technology
- Experienced in defining and driving product strategy across more than one team
- You have experience integrating quantitative and qualitative user data into our product development process
- You have experience and interest in leading and growing people
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, communicating concepts and ideas in different formats
- You are good at creating clarity in ambiguous situations
- You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, using a variety of skills
- You set high standards for yourself and others
- You’re ready to dive into the details when necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.