Technology powers the heart of Spotify. We believe that those who can move the fastest, can learn the fastest and win. As such, one of our tech strategies is to “move up the stack”, building on top of existing solutions where possible, freeing up our engineering talent to focus on areas critical to Spotify’s mission of delivering audio to a billion users, in a manner that provides a sustainable living for millions of artists.
Tech Procurement is critical to making this strategy a reality. Its mission is to empower Spotify engineering to make the best use of their resources through strategic partnerships and cost insights. We do this in three ways: forming mutually-beneficial partnerships with many of the world’s leading IaaS and SaaS providers, leading these partnerships to provide our engineers unique advantages and managing the cloud financial operations (FinOps) to enable Spotify to scale sustainably.
We are looking for a sourcing specialist with a strong technology focus who wants to work on end to end sourcing projects both as a leader and member of multi-functional teams. Your role will be connecting and coordinating across Spotify and with vendors, owning the sourcing process until the project is live, follow up on defined meaningful metrics, while making sure that we procure the best possible products and services, timely and at the best price.
You will our first hire into NYC – our largest and fastest growing office – and work as a part of a global cross-functional team. You will be a role model and be part of growing our NYC footprint. You will use agile practices and collaborate closely with Legal, Finance, and our technical teams both locally and globally.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and lead procurement projects to completion in collaboration with technical teams both in- and outside of Spotify
- Collaborate with engineering, legal, and security teams to run proof of concept tests, evaluation of vendors and products
- Vendor sourcing and relationship management
- Contract negotiation, management, and renewals
- Prepare and present business cases
- Improve our management system continuously, including supporting and training colleagues how to buy safely at speed
- Invoice tracking and verification
- Order placement and logistics management on a global scale
Who you are:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in IT sourcing, ideally much of it from the cloud and content delivery domains
- You are a solutions-oriented teammate, ready to do what brings the most value to customers and engineering teams and leadership at Spotify
- Understanding of IT infrastructure and a drive to learn more about technology products and services
- Ability to translate technical requirements from engineering teams to vendors and legal
- Experience in negotiating *aaS as a service and managed services contracts
- Experience in working with end-to-end projects in the delivery of IT systems
- You have a strong understanding of Source to Pay, Record-to-Report, Financial Planning and Segregation of Duties
- You have the ability to build sound relationships, work with feedback, and clearly communicate expectations with team members and management
- You appreciate working with diverse teams and influencing strategy, tactics, and execution in a playful manner
- You value developing your #1 Team, use a growth mindset, and like finding yourself being a go-to person for technical matters
- You believe music makes the world a better place
We are proud to nurture a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and the background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.