Spotify is an award-winning digital music service that gives you on-demand access to over 30 million tracks. Our dream is to make all the world’s music available instantly to everyone, wherever and whenever you want it. Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage and share music with your friends, while making sure that artists get a fair deal. Spotify is now available in 58 markets globally with more than 75 million active users, and over 30 million paying subscribers. Spotify is now the second biggest source of digital music revenue for labels in Europe, and the biggest and most successful music streaming service of its kind globally.
Spotify is looking for a media professional to join our Global Media Team. The Manager Global Media Planning will be responsible for working with regional teams to develop effective and efficient media strategies that drive growth for Spotify. This will role will oversee offline and online paid media efforts. The right person for this role is a collaborative leader with broad expertise in building media strategies across both traditional and digital media, and experience overseeing and personally managing execution. This position will report into the Head of Global Media.
What You’ll Do
- Work with regional teams and media agencies to develop and steward advanced, multi-channel media strategies.
- Interpret and make recommendations based on campaign performance data to optimize, measure success, and identify learnings for future programs.
- Work to infuse innovation into all campaigns, prioritizing first to market buzz-worthy initiatives
- Review all buys from media agency, ensuring they are consistent with media strategy, in line with budget, flighted properly and executable based on production schedules
- Work closely with the in-house social team on all social paid media campaigns
- Champion media measurement and ensure all plans are appropriately instrumented
- Create and implement test and learn media plans and scale campaigns based on evidence of success
- Partner with creative teams to build media ideas
- Create and disseminate media best practices to regional teams
- Support Global Head of Media in negotiation and execution of global media deals and partnerships
Who You Are
- 6-8 years working in Strategic Media Planning role at a media agency or on the client side with proven track record for developing results-driven media plans for leading brands
- Extensive knowledge of marketing, advertising, and media planning principles with an expert knowledge of offline and online media channels
- Demonstrated ability for delivering strategic solutions AND tactical media plans.
- Experience with amplifying content and getting it out to the right audiences
- Strong understanding of media math, optimization tactics and tools.
- Ability to multi-task projects with equal priority.
- Ability to create, with speed and be able to showcase real results.
- Experience using analytics and measurement to inform data-driven decisions for organizations;
- Constantly stays abreast of digital trends, emerging technologies, social media development and first to market advertising opportunities
- International experience, understanding of cultural diversity
- Experience in managing relationships with internal & external suppliers and partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.