Spotify is looking for a media professional to join our Global Media Team. The Director, Global Media Planning will be responsible for working with regional teams to develop effective and efficient media strategies that drive growth for Spotify. This role will oversee offline and online paid media efforts. The right person for this role is a collaborative leader with broad expertise in building media strategies across both traditional and digital media, and experience overseeing and personally managing execution. This position will report into the Head of Global Media.
The media lead will be best qualified to understand the best approach to connecting our communication with the right audiences at the right time.. They will understand how to navigate media channel mix, partner selection & rationale, activation operations, KPIs, and analytics. They will work with across the globe to ensure we are delivering best-in-class media executions.
The person who will be successful in this role will be able to drive an agenda for Media forward within the organization collaborating with our extended Media team across the globe. This person is as much a strategist, or student of media, as they are a practitioner – at Spotify, we value excellence in both capabilities.
What You’ll Do
- Work with regional teams and media agencies to develop and steward advanced, multi-channel media strategies.
- Lead a global and local team of media specialists across the organization focused on delivering best in class media solutions for Spotify.
- Interpret and make recommendations based on campaign performance data to optimize, measure success, and identify learnings for future programs.
- Remain abreast of new and emerging platforms and the opportunities they represent, as well as changes in existing platforms that impact media performance. Work to infuse innovation into all campaigns, prioritizing first to market buzz-worthy initiatives
- Review all buys from our media agency, ensuring they are consistent with media strategy, in line with budget, flighted properly and executable based on production schedules
- Champion media measurement and ensure all plans are appropriately instrumented
- Understand the relative value of our media investments and help manage/weigh the trade-offs within our media activations
- Create and implement test and learn media plans and scale campaigns based on evidence of success
- Partner with creative teams to build media ideas
- Create and disseminate media best practices to regional teams
- Support Global Head of Media in negotiation and execution of global media deals and partnerships
Who You Are
- 10+ years working in Strategic Media Planning role at a media agency or on the client side with proven track record for developing results-driven media plans for leading brands
- Extensive knowledge of marketing, advertising, and media planning principles with an expert knowledge of offline and online media channels
- Demonstrated ability for delivering strategic solutions AND tactical media plans.
- Experience with amplifying content and getting it out to the right audiences
- Strong understanding of media math, optimization tactics and tools.
- Ability to multi-task projects with equal priority.
- Ability to create, with speed and be able to showcase real results.
- Experience using analytics and measurement to inform data-driven decisions for organizations;
- Constantly stays abreast of digital trends, emerging technologies, social media development and first to market advertising opportunities
- International experience, understanding of cultural diversity
- Experience in managing relationships with internal & external suppliers and partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music