We are looking for an experienced trading or investment leader (on the agency/client/platform side) that will join the Global Agency and Accounts Team (GAAT); a team that manages the relationships and partnerships with Spotify’s most important customers. Reporting into the VP, Global Head of Strategic Partnerships & Verticals – you will be responsible for leading the evolution of Spotify’s Global Advertising Trading and Partnership strategy. We want someone who has a passion for transformational change and understands the dynamics of trading within the global and local advertising marketplace. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Develop and deliver a clear holistic global trading & advertising partnership strategy that aligns with broader business & sales goals
- Work with Deal Operations Managers and internal business stakeholders to create best-in-market deal & partnership structures that drive optimal concurrent value to Spotify and our most important clients.
- Manage and develop a team of Regional Trading Leads and Deal Operations Managers.
- Sit on the GAAT Leadership team with the Global Head of Agencies, Global Head of Verticals and Global Head of Audience Solutions.
- Lead Global Trading Deal and Strategic Partnership/JBP negotiations with Sales Leadership, Global Agency and Vertical leads.
- Support Regional Trading Leads and Sales leadership in local trading deal and strategic partnership negotiations
- Drive coordination (alongside the deal operations managers) with key internal business stakeholders across finance, legal and auditing to ensure cohesive strategic output.
- Cultivate and sustain close communication and alignment with the local sales teams in order to maximize agency & client strategies.
- Build unparalleled understanding of key partner businesses & trading practices.
- Develop internal knowledge center on trading and advertising partnerships.
- Work from our office in NYC or LON.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have 7+ years in a leadership role related to trading & investment
- You have strong negotiation skills and the ability to present effectively and close the deal.
- You have a deep network and specialist understanding of the trading landscape and investment marketplace
- You have a proven track record in delivering results and strong performance in related trading / investment related role/s
- You have strong personal organization and project management capabilities
- You will work well and collaborate with internal and external teams to deliver concurrent value and results
- You will strategically use data and insights to inform strategy and implementation
- You will welcome a high level of autonomy – opening up new opportunities without direction
- You are able to work and thrive in a fast paced high energy environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.