The community of Design practitioners at Spotify spans multiple teams, disciplines and locations across the company. Design Operations sits at the center of this community, with a mission to maximize the speed and impact of designers, help them stay connected and thrive professionally. We are looking for a seasoned Operations leader to drive program delivery, operational effectiveness, and connectivity, leading our growing international operations team. Much like a symphony conductor, the ideal candidate is highly creative and passionate, detail oriented, acutely aware of movements within their orchestra, and an integral part in the creation of something magical.
- Oversee a growing global team of operations managers and program managers
- Own and drive operational effectiveness of our internal processes related to headcount allocation, budgeting and forecasting
- Develop programs and processes to foster work visibility, learning and inspiration, connection and external presence
- Act as a right hand to the Head of Central Design, keeping on top of personnel initiatives, larger projects and communications
- Partner closely with other Operations leads across Spotify to drive consistencies
- Partner closely with our internal business stakeholders in HR, Recruiting, Finance and Legal to ensure that we are in sync with our company rhythms.
- 10+ years experience in an operationally-driven role, with proven ability to build and scale teams
- 5+ years experience as a people manager
- Extensive experience working in rapid-growth companies or startups
- Impeccable organizational and program management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty and ambiguity
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, mainly to our offices in London and Stockholm.
- General understanding of the disciplines of Design, User Research and Data Science in a product development context.
- Passion for music and the user experience