Spotify’s mission is to ‘unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by those creators’.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced thought leader to manage our Global Advertiser Research and Measurement (ARM) team. ARM is a innovative group of researchers, analysts, and data scientists who serve as the insights engine for marketers and advertising partners. Our mission is to enable Spotify to win and retain advertisers by providing research, insights, and measurement solutions that demonstrate the power of Spotify as a media platform and trusted partner. Collaboration is a key value at Spotify, and this individual must partner closely with various Spotify teams to develop scalable insights and measurement solutions. This position is located in NYC and reports to the Global Vice President, Partner Solutions.
What you’ll do
- Be obsessed with the Spotify platform; our data, tools, and products.
- Serve as a streaming intelligence and insights expert in internal, client specific, and industry-facing meetings and events.
- Be a people leader, guiding a talented and diverse team to do the best work of their career.
- Be organized, outlining, coaching and maintaining leadership process for team
- Understand the sales business, being proactive and resourceful in order to achieve sales targets
- Foster a culture of leading with insights, working closely with our creative teams to highlight actionable data in our proposals
- Develop revenue generating research products and innovative offerings to top 15 Global accounts, Agency Holding Companies, and Strategic Partners.
- Pioneer innovative new methodologies that uncover new insights about the effectiveness of advertising to our audience.
- Consult with internal clients to shape and deliver an innovative strategy and roadmap for advertiser insights.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including Global Ad Sales, Global Agency Partnerships, Creative Solutions, and Strategic Marketing.
- Partner closely with the wider Consumer Insights team and other analytics teams within Spotify.
- Present insights to internal teams and to clients with poise and a solutions-selling approach
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 10 years experience in media industry research and insights role for either an agency, publisher, or platform
- Inherently curious and strategic thinker able to see unexpected connections and “join the dots”; a believer in the power of data-driven storytelling where creativity and objectivity meet.
- Deep experience in all aspects of advertising sales research – including Ad EFX, ROI studies, custom insights and thought leadership research.
- Deep familiarity with the global measurement landscape, including Nielsen, Comscore, TGI, MRI and more.
- In-depth knowledge of statistical software, such as SPSS; strong skills in Excel and Powerpoint/Keynote
- You have experience in building and leading large diverse Advertiser and Partner Insights teams at either a top global media company or agency
- You have the ability to synthesize and utilize data to help craft a creative story, and you’re excited by the opportunity audio and digital offer to storytelling
- Ability to coach and inspire teams to be high achievers.
- Excellent consultancy and negotiation skills.
- Deep understanding of and enthusiasm for culture, technology, and advertising
- You are experienced with working cross-functionally across multiple stakeholders, with a proven track record of working on creative and innovative solutions for brands
- You are dynamic and resourceful, able to plan for long term initiatives while also achieving and fulfilling short term business needs that make our revenue goals.
- You are a compelling storyteller, at ease consulting internal and external audiences
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.