Editorial Design is part of Spotify’s Design platform team and oversees the editorial design experience across all the markets we serve. We are searching for a passionate seasoned Creative Design leader that will take our Editorial Experience to the next level by leading and growing a world-class team
What you’ll do
- You will lead a global team, which will include both talented design practitioners and managers
- You will lead design through best-practices, attention to detail, and sometimes unconventional thinking to ensure impact
- You will identify and grow leaders within the design team, setting them up for success through mentorship and coaching
- You will provide context, support, and guidance as the team works toward our business objectives — you will inspire, not merely direct
- You will collaborate closely with your cross functional peers in Brand Design, Product Design and Product Insights to ensure we have a beautiful, scalable editorial design language optimized for our users.
- You will work with your design platform counterparts to empower, support, and inspire all embedded Spotify Product Designers to create a delightful, unified user experience
- You will help set the tone for our Global editorial expression and strategy as well as be a driving factor in what tomorrow might look like for our editorial experiences
- You will be accountable for the breadth of our editorial experience across many contexts and platforms
- You will report to our Design Platform Lead and partner with global leaders from Design systems, UX writing, Design Ops and Prototyping.
Who you are
- You are a seasoned visual creative and have 10-15 years of experience and at least 3-5 years experience of leading design teams at global consumer-focused companies
- You have experience in working autonomously and driving team growth and vision
- You have experience working with strategic design, visual design systems and are up to date with culture and visual trend
- You have experience in working in multiple markets/regions and are humble towards the complexity and sensitivity of what that means.
- You are passionate about design and what it can do for the audio, content, and technology industries
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders. You thrive when developing great people and see other succeed
- You have a broad creative background and are well-versed in data-informed design
- You want to make an impact and take on big complex issues