We are looking for a Global Cultures intern to #JoinTheBand this summer. The Global Cultures team at Spotify is tasked with bringing the music business from underserved cultures to the forefront in an effort to gain more visibility and move into the mainstream. This role will have a specific focus on music from Latin backgrounds. However, a successful intern will also engage with music from Indian, Arabic and African cultures as well. This role is based in New York.
What you’ll do:
- Work hand-in-hand with the Global Cultures team to collaboratively develop strategy and process
- Contribute to the creation of a framework and structure within the Global Cultures team so that company objective and milestones are consistently met
- Work crossfunctionally with main stakeholders and local teams to ensure alignment and making sure the workflow is in place
- Work with all Cultural Global Editors on creating a comprehensive internal newsletter that gathers the team’s work and all types of communication
Who you are:
- You are currently an undergraduate student in your junior or senior year of study
- A highly self-motivated individual
- You have the ability to demonstrate strong leadership
- You understand global markets and have general music industry knowledge
- You have some experience with business operations
- You are an exceptional communicator. A main part of this role includes spreading the word the team’s highlights in comprehensive and intuitive way
- You are fluent in English. The ability to speak conversational Spanish is a plus
- You have experience working collaboratively with larger groups and teams
The Intern Gig:
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is November 18th, 2018 at 11:59 PM, ET. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late November, 2018 – Mid January, 2019: Application Review
- Late January, 2019 – March, 2019: Interviews
- Late March, 2019 – April, 2019: Offers given out
- June, 2019: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.