We are looking for a Global Cultures intern to #JoinTheBand this summer. The brand new global cultures team is tasked with bringing to the surface of the music business underserved cultures, so they can get visibility and move into the mainstream. From Latin Music Culture, to Indian, Arabic, African and many more. You will be an essential help with the operational structure that this global team requires.
What you’ll do:
- Work hand by hand with Head of Global Cultures.
- Create a framework and structure inside the team so we’re always working towards company objective and milestones.
- Work crossfunctionally with main stakeholders and local teams to ensure alignment and making sure the workflow is in place.
- Work with all Cultural Global Editors on creating a comprehensive internal newsletter that gathers the team’s work and all types of communication.
Who you are:
- This is not a US only strategy so it’s a plus if you are used to think and work globally or with global matters.
- You have some experience with business operations.
- Excellent communication skills, as a main part of this job will be to spread the word of what we do, in a comprehensive and intuitive way.
- Excellent English level required and another language is a plus.
- You have experience working with larger groups and teams.
- General Music/Music Industry Knowlege is a must. Having an understanding of World Music is a real plus, with a special interest in world Diasporas like Latin, Arabic, African, Indian etc.
The Intern Gig
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is January 31st, 2018 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late January, 2018 – Mid February, 2018: Application Review
- Late February, 2018 – March, 2018: Google Hangout Interviews
- March, 2018 – April, 2018: Offers given out
- June, 2018: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.