Do you have a passion for cutting-edge software engineering? Are you excited by the prospect of building the most advanced knowledge graph in the music industry? Would you like to be part of an upbeat team working to impact the future of Spotify?
We are looking for a creative, passionate Full-Stack Engineer to join our Content Knowledge team. Our team’s vision is to map the world of audio. We envisage a future where we present our users with an unparalleled depth of knowledge about the music they love – and where we enable those users to submit information that helps us learn even more. To help us achieve our vision, we’re looking for someone to help take the Spotify mobile app and desktop client to the next level.
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will work with an interdisciplinary team of engineers, researchers and designers who all share a passion for making Spotify the most complete and accurate platform in the music industry. Your work will have a direct impact on both the consumer and artist experience at Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Work directly on the official Spotify apps, creating new views and experiences for users to explore the rich information about our catalog
- Use your experience of the full stack to design holistic solutions that include front-end, client and back-end systems
- Collaborate closely with researchers, engineers, product designers, and product owners to perform experiments and ship new ideas
- Take operational responsibility for the components that you write
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to solve and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
Who you are
- You have at least 3 years of industry experience working as a full-stack engineer
- You care deeply about mobile user interfaces, and never settle for mediocre results
- You are passionate about writing high-quality code
- You learn quickly, and enjoy working closely together with your product team to bring value to your stakeholders
- You have experience writing iOS or Android apps, and are excited about the opportunity to work on one of the largest mobile apps in the world
- You have experience building front-end and back-end services
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
You will work from our London UK location with occasional travel to Stockholm and New York.