We are looking for experienced full-stack engineers to join our teams throughout Spotify, who can move freely between client and server side.
We have a wide variety of teams looking to hire full-stack engineers to work on some exciting challenges:
- Building the next generation of our critical authentication and sign up infrastructure to support millions of users around the world. Creating highly scalable web experiences, with an emphasis on stability and security. Previous experience in oAuth principles is beneficial.
- Creating highly scalable and performant web experiences based mainly on React and Redux. We own the user experience on the Spotify apps for Desktop, Web Player, Embed and Tablet, delivering rich experiences enjoyed by millions of users around the globe.
- Managing the systems and user experience regarding our expanding payments and commerce capabilities. We share a common interest in distributed end user facing systems, their scalability and continued development. Together we try to find new ways to create a great Spotify experience for all our users at all times.
- Building the content management systems that provide real-time control capabilities to ensure that our catalog reflects what creators and consumers expect. Creating tools to serve both expert and casual users with delightful and intuitive user experience.
What you’ll do
- You will collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- You will help the team plan, design and shape responsive web solutions
- Bind our front-end and backend services together and monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs
- Collaborate with software engineers, product owners, designers, and analysts
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be
As well as working within a dedicated team, you will also be part of the Spotify Web Guild. Here you will share knowledge and mix with some of the best developers in the business and contribute to the company’s engineering culture. We regularly have hack weeks where you can spend your time working on your own projects to the benefit of the company and we believe in an environment that supports your individual growth.
Who you are
- You have a deep understanding of current and emerging trends of the web platform
- You are not afraid of understanding and contributing to areas outside of the browser
- You have a working understanding of object-oriented programming
- You have worked with PHP, Java, Python, Node.js or any other backend programming language
- You care about web technologies, exploring data, user experience and design and music
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
- You have experience working with backend and UX engineers when building user interfaces
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar area and music experience are bonuses
You will be working from our awesome headquarter offices in central Stockholm. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.