The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
The Insights Platform department is working hard at helping Spotify make better decisions using data. Our organization consists of 4 teams that are thinking about creative solutions helping Data Scientists and consumers of insights use more data to drive better insights. We sit in a larger organization focused on platforms for large scale data processing, machine learning, experimentations, and client instrumentation. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for a full stack engineer who is passionate about big data, building infrastructure to support teams who use it and providing them with an excellent user experience through our user interfaces. You will be joining one of the teams that build, maintain and support our rapidly growing platform for insights. Spotify collects events generated by millions of clients and uses them for creating financial reports, generating insights on our product, and powering features like the hugely successful Discover Weekly and Fan Insights portal. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
Over the last couple of years, our insights platform has become increasingly critical to our business as it enables our engineering teams to implement features that provide a personalized and relevant Spotify experience. We are currently looking for candidates to join one of our Insights Platform teams working with systems that help Spotify make better decisions with data.
What you’ll do
- Create the best experience for our internal consumers and creators by designing, building, scaling, and evolving our data platform, services and tooling
- Engage with the data community at Spotify about its use of the data platformBe a part of transitioning Spotify to the next generation data platform
- Use your full-stack experience to design intelligent solutions that include front-end, client and back-end systems
- Collaborate closely with engineers, product designers, and product owners to perform experiments and test new ideas
- Take operational responsibility for the components that you develop
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to solve and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
Who you are
- You’re excited about delivering end-to-end experiences and care about your software architecture across the front-end, back-end, and the APIs that glue them together.
- You care about web technologies, exploring data, user experience and design and use all of that for building user-friendly web applications
- You have some experience in backend development and technologies such as Python or Java
- You are passionate about writing high-quality codeYou are interested in data processing but previous experience is not needed
- You learn quickly and enjoy working closely together with your product team to bring value to your stakeholders
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.