The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for a full stack engineer who is passionate about big data, building infrastructure to support teams who use it and providing them with an excellent user experience through our user interfaces. You will be joining one of the teams that build, maintain and support our rapidly growing platform for processing of data. Spotify collects events generated by millions of clients and uses them for creating financial reports, generating insights on our product, and powering features like the hugely successful Discover Weekly and Fan Insights portal. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
Over the last couple of years, our data platform has become increasingly critical to our business as it enables our engineering teams to implement features that provide a personalized and relevant Spotify experience. We are currently looking for candidates to join one of our data infrastructure teams working with systems for scheduling, orchestrating and deploying thousands of our distinct data pipelines that run ~hundreds of thousands of tasks per day.
What you’ll do
- Create the best experience for our internal consumers and creators by designing, building, scaling, and evolving our data platform, services and tooling
- Engage with the data community at Spotify about its use of the data platform
- Be a part of transitioning Spotify to the next generation data platform
- Use your full-stack experience to design intelligent solutions that include front-end, client and back-end systems
- Collaborate closely with engineers, product designers, and product owners to perform experiments and test new ideas
- Take operational responsibility for the components that you develop
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to solve and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
Who you are
- You’re excited about delivering end-to-end experiences and care about your software architecture across the front-end, back-end, and the APIs that glue them together.
- You care about web technologies, exploring data, user experience and design and use all of that for building user-friendly web applications
- You have some experience in backend development and technologies such as Python or Java
- You are passionate about writing high-quality code
- You are interested in data processing but previous experience is not needed
- You learn quickly and enjoy working closely together with your product team to bring value to your stakeholders
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
At Spotify, we like to challenge one another and constantly sharpen and improve our ways of working. We are strong believers in Agile methods and we are flexible enough to adapt the methods so that they suit what’s needed. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and of background leads to a better workplace for our employees and to a better product.
*Please submit your CV in English.
You will work from our awesome headquarter in Stockholm – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.