Spotify is looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to join our Marketplace engineering organization. You will help support our mission to give a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work. If you’re interested in helping music creators grow their fan base and build teams to help them succeed in their career, come join us.
In Creator Studio, we build consumer-facing products that provide creators new avenues for promoting their work, reaching new audiences, and deepening connections with fans. We create features like Marquee and Canvas for artists looking to promote new releases, catalogs or events. Our teams work in both the consumer Spotify client as well as our Spotify for Artists platform. As a result, engineers in Creator Studio are exposed to a broad set of Spotify features and services.
What you’ll do
- Use your experience in full-stack engineering to craft intelligent solutions that include back-end, client and front-end systems
- Be a valued member of an autonomous agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
- Facilitate collaboration with other developers, product owners, and designers to tackle exciting and challenging problems for helping artists promote their work
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging problems to tackle and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, guilds, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code and take operational responsibility for the components that you develop
- Work closely with a diverse team to apply experimental thinking as we build new features for our users
- Lead projects to experiment with, implement, and test user-facing features
- Author and circulate technical RFCs to document approaches
- Improve the reliability and availability of our systems
Who you are
- Passionate about delivering end-to-end experiences and care about software architecture across the frontend, backend, and the APIs that glue them together
- Experienced in back-end development (preferably Java) and managing system uptime and reliability
- Care about web technologies, exploring data, user experience, and design
- Value having fun, staying positive, and learning new things, and enjoy working closely together with your product team to bring value to your stakeholders
- Comfortable and confident in an experimental and fast-paced work environment
- Passionate about what you do, and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- Have a solid understanding of cloud platforms like AWS or GCP
- Collaborative and a team-first player who sees the value in pairing and mobbing
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.