Spotify is looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to join our Content Platform engineering organization. Content Platform is a central enabler for Spotify. Together, our teams ensure that Spotify has a complete, available and enriched catalog of music, podcasts, videos and more.
Come join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Use your experience of the full stack to design intelligent solutions that include backend, client and front-end systems
- Collaborate closely with engineers, product designers, and product owners to perform experiments and test new ideas
- Take operational responsibility for the components that you write
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to solve and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
Who you are
- You’re excited about delivering end-to-end experiences and care about your software architecture across the backend, front-end and the APIs that glue them together.
- You are experience in backend development and technologies such as Java or Python
- You are passionate about writing high-quality code
- You learn quickly and enjoy working closely together with your product team to bring value to your stakeholders
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.