Do you have a passion for cutting-edge software engineering? Are you excited by the prospect of building the most advanced knowledge graph in the music industry? Would you like to be part of an upbeat team working to impact the future of Spotify?
We are looking for a creative, passionate Full-Stack Engineer to join our Content Knowledge team in London. Our team’s mission is to discover and organize structured information about the world of audio by collecting, connecting and curating data. In doing so, we help Spotify make well-informed decisions and build impactful products.
To achieve this ambitious goal, our team develops world-class tools that help us make sense of the wealth of information that we receive from our huge user-base, our machine learning algorithms, and our many external data-sources. We envisage a future where we present our users with an unparalleled depth of knowledge about the music they love – and where we enable those users to submit information that helps us learn even more.
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you’ll work with an interdisciplinary team of engineers, researchers and designers who all share a passion for making Spotify the world’s best destination for music-lovers. Your work will have a direct impact on both the consumer and artist experience at Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Use your experience of the full stack to design intelligent solutions that include front-end, client and back-end systems
- Collaborate closely with researchers, engineers, product designers, and product owners to perform experiments and test new ideas
- Take operational responsibility for the components that you write
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to solve and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
Who you are
- You have at least 3 years of industry experience working as a full-stack engineer
- You are passionate about writing high-quality code
- You learn quickly and enjoy working closely together with your product team to bring value to your stakeholders
- You have experience building front-end and back-end services
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
You will work from our London UK location with occasional travel to Stockholm and New York.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.