Soundtrap is a collaborative, cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017 we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to make music making available for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
With us, anyone with an interest in audio making can create their sound recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
What you’ll do
Imagine making music with people across the globe, using video chat and state of the art HTML5 technology. Soundtrap is the dawn of a new age – a collaborative, cloud-based music creation app.
We’re looking for experienced, music loving full-stack developers. You are used to agile methodologies and tools in ever-changing environments. You are a doer, and enjoy turning ideas into deployed features in short time. And, we believe you are passionate about music, you play guitar, piano, sing or use music production software such as Ableton Live or GarageBand.
Who you are
Really awesome if you’re good at:
- Java development (e.g. Play framework, backend experience, rest, scalability, orm)
- Musical interest (e.g. sings or plays / used to play an instrument)
- At least 3 years of working experience
Also nice if you know:
- Frontend design (html, css, less, responsive)
- MySQL (SQL, JPA, design, performance)
- NoSQL (key-value stores, caching, search)
- Server administration (bash, ansible, Google cloud)
- Mobile development (Android and iOS)
We’re using a lot of exciting new technologies, many of them related to audio. Audio processing in the browser, peer to peer audio and video communication, cloud collaboration…
So if you’re curious about working with music and tech at a fun company, do apply below!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators.