Soundtrap is a collaborative, browser- and cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
We’re a unit within Spotify, small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company.
Since our launch in 2013, we have attracted millions of users. With us, anyone can make their recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a full-stack developer to join Soundtrap’s Mobile team. The Mobile team is a new team within Soundtrap which will focus on improving the current mobile app and prototyping and developing any new app ideas.
- You will work with React Native on the current mobile application to architect, build and scale the application. This will involve working closely with front-end, back-end, and other mobile developers in order to improve the product as a whole.
- You will also work with Java on the server API for the mobile app.
- You will be working in a fast-paced agile environment where you will have a lot of autonomy and ability to shape the future direction of Soundtrap’s mobile apps.
- You will work in a friendly, informal environment that supports your individual growth.
Plus depending on the direction we will take with the new app
- You will most likely have the opportunity to work with either Flutter, Unity or Swift / Java / Kotlin on the new app
- You will most likely have the opportunity to work with C++ on the audio engine for the new app
Who you are
- You are able to write clear, modular, maintainable code that will perform on many platforms and devices.
- You’re passionate about the quality of the software you design and deliver.
- You have experience in developing mobile applications natively for either Android or iOS, especially if the applications involve audio.
- You have experience in creating mobile apps with technologies like Flutter, Unity or NativeScript.
- You have done audio programming.
- Work in open source is a plus so that we can check out some of your contributions and get an idea on how you collaborate.
- Interest in music! Perhaps you play and instrument or just love listening to music non-stop.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.