We are looking for Front End/Web Engineering Interns to #JoinTheBand as a Summer Intern. Across Spotify we are working together in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own part of the Spotify ecosystem. Some teams work with a feature like search, others focus on supporting monitoring or making it super easy to deploy features on a certain type of client. You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in distributed end user facing systems, their scalability and continued development. Together we try to find new ways to create a great Spotify experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- You will collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- You will help the team plan, design and shape responsive web solutions
- Bind our front and back end services together and monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs.
- With your help, the team will ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual learning and growth
- Build the user interface (UI) and design language across different platforms
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a bootcamp certification in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field of study.
- You follow current and emerging trends of the web platform
- You are interested in web technologies, exploring data, user experience and design and music
- You can tell us about projects you’ve worked on that have involved your frontend or web work
- You have analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
The Intern Gig
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is December 15th, 2017 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late December, 2017 – Mid January, 2018: Application Review
- Late January, 2018 – March, 2018: Interviews
- February, 2018 – April, 2018: Offers given out
- June, 2018: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.