We are looking for experienced Front End / Full Stack Engineers to join one of our core revenue generating teams at our fast growing London, UK R&D site. Across Spotify we are working together in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own part of the Spotify ecosystem. Some teams work with a feature like search, others focus on supporting monitoring or making it super easy to deploy features on a certain type of client. This role is targeted towards the teams that are managing the systems and user experience regarding our expanding payments and commerce capabilities. You will join a team where everyone share a common interest in distributed end user facing systems, their scalability and continued development. Together we try to find new ways to create a great Spotify experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- You will collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- You will help the team plan, design and shape responsive web solutions
- Bind our front and back end services together and monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs.
- With your help the team will ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be.
- Be part of exploring future system design and improving our architecture in a complex domain
- Enable product innovation and effortless transition between products for users
- Improving subscriber retention by reducing churn, keeping our loyal users even longer
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Build the user interface (UI) and design language across different platforms
As well as working within a dedicated team, you will also be part of the Spotify Web Guild. Here you will share knowledge and mix with some of the best developers in the business and contribute to the company’s engineering culture. We regularly have hack weeks where you can spend your time working on your own projects to the benefit of the company and we believe in an environment that supports your individual growth.
Who you are
- You have a deep understanding of current and emerging trends of the web platform
- You care about web technologies, exploring data, user experience and design and music
- You are experienced with modern graphing libraries
- You can tell us about projects you’ve worked on that helped people understand data
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar area and music experience are bonuses
You will work from our London UK location with occasional travel to Stockholm and New York.
What we value
Innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion and playfulness are a start. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful. We’re looking for someone who understands good culture and will help shape it as it evolves.
Spotify brings you the right music for every moment. We play music for over 140 million active users, with more than 50 million subscribers. We’ve launched in 58 markets with over 30 millions songs.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.