We are looking for front-end engineers to join our teams throughout Spotify. You will work with members of your team to build features and scalable architecture for web applications and services within Spotify.
We have a wide variety of teams looking to hire front-end engineers to work on some exciting challenges:
- Developing tools for creating, curating and distributing content like playlists, podcasts, etc, to the right user. They are currently rebuilding the tools in React, with lots of fun architectural challenges ahead, and are looking for a front-end focused engineer to help on the rebuild.
- Creating highly scalable and performant web experiences based mainly on React and Redux. We own the user experience on the Spotify apps for Desktop, Web Player, Embed and Tablet, delivering rich experiences enjoyed by millions of users around the globe
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain scalable applications
- Bind our front-end and backend services together
- Monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs
- Deliver modern, testable and maintainable code
- Collaborate with software engineers, product owners, designers, and analysts
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be
As well as working within a dedicated team, you will also be part of the Spotify Web Guild. Here you will share knowledge and mix with some of the best developers in the business and contribute to the company’s engineering culture. We regularly have hack weeks where you can spend your time working on your own projects to the benefit of the company and we believe in an environment that supports your individual growth.
Who you are
- You have experience in web development
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You are adaptable, resourceful and able to develop effective solutions to problems
- You care about web technologies, exploring data, usability, design and music
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
- You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
- You value team success over personal success
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar area and music experience are bonuses
You will be working from our awesome headquarter offices in central Stockholm. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.