Work location: London
Applications Open: 10 August 2017
Applications Close: 6 September 2017
Do you have a passion for creating innovative user interfaces? Do you love designing front-end platforms that bring cutting-edge artificial intelligence technologies to life? Would you like to be part of an energetic team dedicated to music analysis and visualization?
What you’ll do
You’ll be joining a highly skilled, cross-functional team of talented engineers and researchers, with a strong emphasis on scientific computing and artificial intelligence. You’ll work as a front-end engineer, building the front-end systems that help us navigate, explore and understand the huge Spotify audio catalog. Your work will present the results of state-of-the-art research methods, so you’ll require both great knowledge of the underlying methodologies and a well-honed intuition for how to present complex, technical information in an easily understandable way.
You’ll plan, design and build intelligent front-end solutions for machine learning technologies, bind these solutions to our back-end infrastructure, and monitor, test and continuously improve your work. You’ll also have the opportunity to hack on what you want during our regular hack days. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
You will work from our awesome office in central London.
Who you are
- You are a front-end engineer with at least 5 years of hands-on experience in industry.
- You have experience in visualizing very large data sets.
- You have experience working with machine learning technologies in a research-led environment
- You are comfortable working with both engineers and research scientists to develop innovative front-end applications that support complex underlying technologies.
- You are adaptable, resourceful and able to develop effective solutions to problems.
- You understand when it’s better to go for the quick win and when it’s better to drive through a comprehensive technical solution.
- You care deeply about usability, and you are committed to producing the best products in the world.
- You love to take on difficult challenges, and you are passionate about feedback.
The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to demonstrate practical experience of front-end development in its many forms. We want to see what you’ve done and we want you to tell us why you are proud of it.
At Spotify, we like to challenge one another and constantly sharpen and improve our ways of working. We constantly monitor and measure our performance, and we use data driven methods to keep us on the top of our game. We are strong believers in Agile methods, but we are flexible enough to adapt them when needs dictate.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply, and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.