We are looking for a data-minded Senior Analyst who will join the Financial Planning & Analysis team supporting the Free Business Unit with a focus on ad serving and monetization. The Free FP&A team is responsible for modeling and planning our ad-supported business, supporting our stakeholders in accelerating the revenue growth of advertising across all of our sales channels.
You will report into an FP&A Manager for the Free Business Unit and support our stakeholders across the Unit to ensure they have the data and insights they need to drive business success. Your main responsibilities will include partnering with Finance, Product, and Engineering teams to oversee the inventory forecasting process, including tracking variance to forecast and consolidating all known adjustments to the forecast. Above all, your work with us will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Finance Analytics team to understand and enhance the accuracy of our inventory forecasts, including joining data from various different sources and databases to track variance to our forecasts
- Design and build dashboards to supplement the development of insights across our various monetization channels, including ongoing evaluation of the performance of our business unit forecasts
- Collaborate with the Label Relations and Consumer Subscriptions teams to track and consolidate internal inventory allocations, including variations from forecast to forecast
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to understand and explain how changes in the ad stack will be reflected in our forecast
- Provide strong ad hoc financial and data-oriented decision support on a range of monetization initiatives and/or other assigned projects
Who you are:
- You are a determined problem-solver with a deep curiosity for understanding how systems work and interact with each other
- You are experienced with distilling complex systems and frameworks into well-synthesized narratives and recommendations to diverse audiences
- You have been in a data analysis role, preferably in advertising, media, or technology
- You have demonstrated advanced Excel skills, including an understanding of formula efficiency, data cubes, pivot tables, and macros
- You’ve worked with data visualization, business intelligence tools, and data warehouses. Knowledge of SQL is required, familiarity with big data is preferred
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.