Soundtrap is a collaborative, browser- and cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
We’re a unit within Spotify, small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company.
Since our launch in 2013, we have attracted millions of users. With us, anyone can make their recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a full-stack developer with an interest or experience in Flutter to join Soundtrap’s Mobile team.
The app re-imagines the mobile experience on Soundtrap, enabling artists to capture ideas and collaborate to create music at the earliest stages.
You will be working within the core team and with users on the initially design, development and launch of the MVP, moving on to testing, iterating and scaling the app to new and existing Soundtrap users worldwide.
- You will mainly work with Flutter on the new mobile application to architect, build and scale the application.
- You will also work, to a lesser extent, with the server-side API (Java) for the mobile app.
- You will be working in a fast-paced agile environment where you will have a lot of autonomy and ability to shape the future direction of Soundtrap’s mobile app.
- You will work in a friendly, informal environment that supports your individual growth.
Who you are
- 3+ years of software experience in web/mobile application development.
- You have experience or a keen interest in Flutter.
- You have experience in server-side web application programming.
- You have a good, critical eye for details and are obsessed with every pixel, animation and creating a great UX/UI.
- You are able to write clear, modular, maintainable code that will perform on many platforms and devices.
- You’re passionate about the quality of the software you design and deliver.
- You have experience implementing web applications in Java.
- You have experience in developing mobile applications natively for either Android or iOS, especially if the applications involve audio.
- You have done audio programming.
- Work in open source is a plus so that we can check out some of your contributions and get an idea on how you collaborate.
- Interest in music! Perhaps you play an instrument or just love listening to music non-stop.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible.