Do you have a passion for making things happen? Do people comment that “things just work” when you’re around? Spotify seeks an Operations Leader to join the Financial Engineering Mission. With a focus on scaling fast-growing multi-disciplinary global teams, creating a strategic rhythm for planning, and project management that will help us grow, organize, and nurture the teams working in a vital part of the business.
Your goal for the Financial Engineering Mission is an established cadence & structure of activities for us to plan, execute & communicate our strategy, work & learnings. We are looking for a leader that believes a strong rhythm enables us to stay aligned on goals and expectations, and allows for flexibility of change while optimizing for efficiency as an organization.
Our team (Mission) is organized into multiple product areas comprised of engineers, product managers, applications specialists, data scientists, insights experts, located in NY and Stockholm. You’ll report to the Financial Engineering Mission Lead in NY.
We are looking for a leader who will help the mission strive for autonomy and alignment, allowing product areas and squads to thrive without compromising on mission alignment. Someone that will help align our goals with Spotify’s Company Mission, ensuring that our rhythm and ways of working are compatible with the Mission, Business Unit and Company rhythm. This individual will also contribute organizational and strategic support to high priority cross-mission projects as necessary, allowing for opportunities to drive impact at the highest of levels.
As a global Mission, we require a leader who will plan and optimize the rhythm across locations, mixing location specific to cross-regional activities. Most importantly we are looking for someone who loves to continuously iterate and improve, and who is not afraid to make changes and adapt to new formats as we learn.
If you love dynamic and high-energy environments, thrive in collaborative and passionate teams, and have a track record of successfully operating fast-paced digital businesses, this is the role for you.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll act as one of the team’s operators responsible for the daily operation of a complex set of teams and product areas
- You will lead a small but experienced team in both NY and Stockholm, focused on improving Financial Engineerings delivery and effectiveness.
- You and your team will provide program management for large x-functional initiatives.
- You’ll ensure the team rhythm is clear and maintains a healthy cadence
- You’ll assist teams in discovery and evangelism of best practices in operational process
- You’ll partner with our talent acquisition partner to sync the hiring and onboarding processes for new team members and ensure smooth and effective onboarding of new members to the team, both external and internal
- You’ll work on the strategy on information radiation through our central tools (Confluence, email, workplace, etc), and find creative ways to help our teams connect with our objectives
- Your team will support all needs around work environment including team member workspace & tools
- You’ll develop a strategy and lead a team that will support mission level social & event planning including: scheduling, booking, ordering, set-up, and negotiations when needed
- You’ll partner and lead agile coaches to provide specific program-level leadership support when needed, and help us grow that expertise in the team over time
- Your team will support Financial Engineering teams in training & learning opportunities by finding and scheduling/facilitating courses that meet the needs of the team
- You’ll be based in New York, with potential travel up to 15%
Who You Are
- You have a history of successful operations or project management, preferably working in an agile environment
- You have project management skills: 5+ years of experience with the ability to work independently and initiate activities, set and lead multiple priorities, manage demanding stakeholders, and deliver on-time results
- You exercise good judgment and have excellent decision-making abilities, requiring little oversight
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, ready to tackle and solve new and complex problems and comfort working in ambiguous environments
- You have the ability to collaborate with management and others in the company
- You have confirmed experience running highly effective teams that deliver products and have fun while doing it
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans
- You understand what agile development is all about
- You are very organized, even when you’re not in control
- You are anxious to learn and grow, and to help others do the same
- You make those around you successful