We want to connect millions of people with their favorite songs and create a service that people love to use. We believe music should be easily accessible and that listening to music will enrich people’s lives. We want to create a win-win situation for people who love listening to music and artists who love creating music.
Our Los Angeles office is seeking an experienced Facility Manager who will have overall responsibility for driving the workplace environment.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for two Los Angeles offices (soon consolidating to one) supporting 130+ Spotifiers (and growing!)
- Lead and distribute tasks for Workplace team, consisting of Receptionists, Coordinators and Contract Workers. Support the team in their professional development and training.
- Support distributed offices including Chicago, Seattle, Dallas, Mexico City, Bogota, San Francisco.
- Drive and develop activities that support the Spotify culture through an engaging workplace
- Support onsite studio recording facilities
- Manage visitor experience, including clients and high profile VIPs
- Manage all service requests made through our internal ticketing system, via email or walk-ups. Ensure requests are responded to within department SLA’s and at highest customer service levels.
- Responsible for vendor management, including existing service provider contracts, developing new contracts and working with Procurement to execute RFP’s. Ensure that service levels are being met or exceeded.
- Manage onsite food and beverage program and provider(s) for all meals, snacks and special events. Review costs and menus and maintain budget. Ensure quality and quantity of food meets all established SLA’s.
- Develop and execute Workplace processes and procedures for the offices that are consistent with global Spotify standards
- Manage space planning, seating allocation, MAC’s. Work with HR, Finance, RE Strategy and Design & Construction on HC and space planning. Manage all office maintenance needs.
- Work with Corporate Security to maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Oversee department comms and content for LA Workplace through intranet pages and internal social media platforms.
- Manage in-office events related to facilities support, security, janitorial and catering
- Perform strategic planning and forecasting for portfolio operations.
- Develop and manage operational budgets. Review and approve all department expenses, PO’s and invoices. Review monthly actuals with Regional Lead and Finance. Participate in quarterly budget refreshes.
- Oversee purchasing and inventory of all office supplies and other office consumables.
- Main POC for landlords in all buildings. Perform monthly rent review, address any discrepancies.
- Partner with the management team, Finance, Security, IT and HR on office issues.
Who you are:
- You have ten years or more experience in a similar role
- You are Multi-lingual (Spanish a must, Portuguese a plus)
- You have exposure to technical facilities/studios
- You have experience managing multi-site offices
- You are highly motivated and self-starting
- You are great at organizing and planning expertise
- You are experienced managing a team
- You are a team player with deep cross-group collaboration skills
- You are energetic and willing to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- You are a strong problem solver
- You have experience with budgeting and financs
- You have a strong business acumen & entrepreneurial, lean in spirit
- You have experience with Google suite experience – docs, sheets, etc
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.